Slam Dunk. Past & Present.

Monday 8 May 2017






Taking a lil' bit of inspiration for my blog queen Tania for this post. I've jumped on the festival blog post bad wagon. This one is dedicate to my all time favorite all day festival, SLAM DUNK!!

I go every year without fail, it's a tradition I have with myself. This year I was sitting in the Duff Brewery in Orlando drinking a squishy when I brought my tickets, it was obviously a priority. We were waiting for the Halloween madness to start, what else are we going to do. Don't judge. 

Either way I am buzzing, even though I do feel like the line up for me personally is POOR!! But that's just me and my personal tastes. Enter Shikari headlining was a huge disappointment for me (I am sure that is a controversial opinion). Anywayyyysssss this year it's going to be even more special as it'll be mine and Tania's friendaversary. We met in the toilets after planning to see Yellowcard with each other and completely failing to find each other ... ahhh young love.  


Let's get started with my top three past Slam Dunk's

2010 - I could have done a cry. New found glory, Set Your Goals and Four Year Strong one after each other. I just remember going absolutely ape shit for all three sets with my friend Becky, i've never been so hot in my whole life but it was totally worth it.

2011 - I actually worked the festival for Macbeth and Keep a Breast foundation so I couldn't see as many people as I would have liked but I had a great time meeting so many people, bands and talking about music. I did go to both Leeds and Hatfield though this year so that was pretty fun. I think I did manage to see Dance Gavin Dance on both dates, Set Your Goals obviously and Lower Than Atlantis. 

2016 - PANIC AT THE DISCO!! What a headliner. They were just so on point I can't even tell you. I also met New Found Glory and was so star struck I couldn't get any words out, which is totally unlike me especially after a juice or 5. 

Other bands who I personally thought killed it at Slam Dunk and who I love seeing


  • State Champs
  • The Story So Far 
  • Yellowcard when they played the Ocean Avenue album <3
  • Taking Back Sunday
  • You me at six
  • Knuckle puck 
  • Deez nuts 
  • Issues
  • Gnarwolves
  • Funeral for a friend
I would love to see Paramore on the bill again that would be amazing. I Dear Slam Dunk gods, make it happen!! Also have Alexisonfire every played? I feel like they haven't.

So who am I seeing this year I hear you cry? Well ... I am getting there. As I said when I first saw the line up I was a little disappointed but there are so many people I want to see now. 
Every year I make a SlamDunk playlist on Spotify to discover new bands and re listen the bands I already know.
  • THE GOSPEL YOUTH
  • Neck Deep
  • Trophy Eyes
  • WSTR
  • With Confidence
  • Seaway 
  • Like Pacific 
  • Cute Is What We Aim For
Hopefully I will see you there!! Let me know if you're going. Also I am loving the new app this year!! Download it here if you haven't already. 





Post a Comment

© Minnie Liebling . Design by Fearne.