Hair Tinsel

Saturday 24 December 2016


DO DO DO DOOO, DO DO DO DOOOOO, DO DO DO DOOO, DO DO DO DOOOOO, Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas,  Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas Eve friends!! I am super excited that it is Christmas tomorrow. In light on that fact I have basically thrown up Christmas on myself by adding hair tinsel to my clip in hair extensions. Calm down, I know you're are excited as I am.

After lusting over Kristin Leanne's sparkly hair for months and months and months I decided that now was the perfect time to accessorize my hair extensions. They're falling apart anyways, DAMN YOU FOXY LOCKS, so if I ruined them no big deal right.

I found my hair tinsel on Ebay, it was a bargain at £5.99. I thought it would be a ball ache to put in ... I was not wrong. It took ages and I wasn't even applying it to my own head but it looks AWESOME!! So the effort was totally worth it. You basically have to pinch the tinsel and pull the ends through, then pull your hair though the hole and then tie 1000 more knots so they don't fall out. This step by step picture explains it way better than I do.

They come in a pack of 100 strands, which is way more than you need. I think I used around 20 - 30 strands, so if anyone else wants sparkly hair, hit me up.


Applying each strand did take longer than expected as they're so fiddly. For my hair extensions, I didn't want to go too overboard so I decided one strand per clip. As you fold the tinsel in half as you apply it, you end up with double that what you expect. I think the this is something you can either do subtly or go completely wild, I went for the subtle approach as it can look tacky. It is tinsel in your hair after all. This is what my hair extensions looked like after I was finished.












2 comments

  1. Love this! I need extensions now because my hair is so short so I'll jump on the wagon! Yaaaaay xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it with real life hair :D I can do it for you <3 xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

© Minnie Liebling . Design by Fearne.