Food, Friends and Festivities

Wednesday 21 December 2016



This weekend I ventured back to Eastbourne (my hometown) for a birthday and a catch up with some old friends. I had such a lovely weekend seeing everyone and I ate like a king. If you’ve ever been to Eastbourne, you know what a small little town it is and if you’ve never been … well basically it’s full of old people and it is in great need off being brought into the 21st century. I love it regardless.



It was the gorgeous Emily’s 26th birthday and she invited a group of her closes ladies to The Hydro Hotel for afternoon tea, it was extremely adorable. I’ve never been for afternoon tea before but I felt really fancy. I ordered of the festive menu, I had turkey sammies, a yule log and a hot chocolate. Not your traditional afternoon tea but it was pretty good and a mega steal at £8.95. 





As luck had it, the Christmas Coca Cola truck was in Eastbourne town center on Saturday so I went down to have a look when it got dark so I could see it all lit up. It was really busy so I didn’t queue for a photo with the truck but it did put me in the holiday spirit, that and my egg log latte in my basic bitch red cup.





On Sunday I met up with my two oldest loves Rachel and Kaye. We went for a coffee and for lunch at Half Man! Half Burger! One of my best friends is the head chef there so we had to visit really to judge how good the food was. I had a festive burger and coleslaw, which was AMAZING. In a nut shell it was a Christmas explosion, a burger with pulled turkey soaked in gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce and parsnip crisps. Holy Fuck it mas magical. They have another branch in St Lennard’s, so if you do see it, go eat all the food and you will not be disappointed ... I need to go back like right now because the thought of this food is making me hungry.



I love happy weekends. 

Post a Comment

© Minnie Liebling . Design by Fearne.