Walking the dogs at the RSPCA

Wednesday 7 December 2016 Rspca Kennels, London Rd, Brighton BN1 8ZH, UK






Did you know that you can volunteer to walk the dogs at the RSPCA? It’s something I have been meaning to do for ages, but I finally got around to it yesterday after booking a random midweek day off work and I was so happy that I did.

It’s so simple, all you do is turn up when the shelter opens (10:30 for Brighton), queue up at reception, sign in and leave your car keys with them, head to the kennels where the staff will hand you a dog. They have a huge private field right next door where you can take your dog on a 20 minute walk. Just make sure you turn up early as it can get busy and they will turn you away if you run out of dogs.

Meet Kevin, he was the dog that was appointed to us. He was quiet shy and was pretty nervous about going for a walk. He was fine as long as he could see the RSPCA building at all times, which was really sweet. After a couple of minutes he chilled out and happily trotted around the filed with us, as long as we stopped every now and again for a cuddle. He was really sweet and I hope he gets adopted really soon.

I adopted my cat Waffles from the RSPCA and I absolutely love how well they treat their animals. I am going to try to make this a regular thing, for sure. If anyone want's to come with me, let me know in the comments.

Minnie
x




Don't forget to subscribe :)

Post a Comment

© Minnie Liebling . Design by Fearne.